Electrical Maintenance Mechanic
Electrical Maintenance Mechanic
The purpose of the Electrical Maintenance Mechanic is to provide electrical preventative maintenance and troubleshooting repairs for all equipment, machinery in an efficient, safe and effective manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and productions machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operations; listening for problems, using precision measuring and testing devices.
- Repair defective parts by dismantling devices using hand and power tools and utilizing electrical testing equipment.
- The ability to troubleshoot all electrical issues with a strong understanding of PLC control devices. Ability to use ladder logic and work safely and effectively with 110.
- Must be able to troubleshoot control circuits (high-low voltage).
- Responsible for both written and computer generated reports using computer software (i.e. Excel, word, access)
- Minimizes production downtime through effective preventative maintenance and swift, effective troubleshooting and repair of all electrical components, equipment and machinery.
- Must be able to install frequency drives and troubleshoot all electrical components of equipment and machinery in the facility.
- Ability to read electrical schematics and mechanical drawings required.
- Technical Capacity and Learning Orientation
- Communication Proficiency
- Teamwork Orientation and Ethical Conduct
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position will require ability and mobility to move freely around the shop in extreme temperatures for prolonged periods of time. This position will required the ability to frequently lift up to 50# on a regular basis and easily maneuver in and around machinery and equipment.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is an hourly full time position. Core hours are Mon-Sat 6am-6pm. Additional weekend and evening hours may be required to meet the demands of the business.
Education and Experience
- High School Degree or G.E.D.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience with electrical maintenance and repair
- Prior maintenance experience in the food or meat industry preferred
- Experience with and knowledge of NFPA-70E Arc Flash regulations required
- Lockout / Tagout Trained
- NFPA-70E Arc Flash Trained
- Experience with Electrical schematics and mechanical drawings required
- Electrical Safe Practices Training and/or experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work early hours, overtime, weekends and split shifts as needed
- Ability to make sound and accurate, yet, quick decisions
- Flexible, adaptable and open to change
All required fields are marked with an *