The Electronic Technician I tunes microwave filters, sub assemblies and parts. Conducts variety of electronic and mechanical tests on microwave filters, sub assemblies and parts to ensure unit functions according to specifications.
- Interprets test schedule, work orders, test manuals, performance specifications, wiring diagrams, and schematics to determine testing procedure and equipment to be used.
- Connects and tunes microwave filters of simple typologies using test equipment such as VOM, impedance analyzer, and network analyzer.
- Interprets displays that indicate electronic characteristics such as frequency, bandwidth, VSWR, voltage, inductance, and capacitance.
- Compares results with specifications and records test data or plots test results on graph.
- Records defects and returns unit to assembly department for repair.
- Confers with engineers, technicians, production personnel, and others regarding testing procedures, test results, and problem resolutions.
OTHER Duties & Responsibilities:
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities and/or duties required; other duties may be assigned.
- Periodically assists in other production areas at the discretion of the Production Manager or Test Manager.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent AND
- At least six (6) months related experience or training OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses:
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent; and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must regularly life and/or move 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a manufacturing position
All required fields are marked with an *