Electronic Technician II (Salisbury)
Salary: $13 to $20 DOE
Location: Delmar, DE
Excellent Temp to Permanent Hire Opportunity!
Tunes preamps, microwave filters, subassemblies, and parts. Conducts variety of electronic and mechanical tests on preamps, microwave filters, subassemblies, and parts to ensure unit functions according to specifications, or to determine cause of unit failure by performing the following duties.
- Interprets test schedule, work orders, test manuals, performance specifications, wiring diagrams, and schematics to determine testing procedure and equipment to be used.
- Tests functional performance of preamps, microwave filters of all circuit typologies, subassemblies, and parts under specified environmental conditions such as temperature cycling.
- Connects and tunes units using test equipment such as VOM, power supply, signal generator, frequency meter, network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, and environmental chamber.
- Interprets displays that indicate electronic characteristics such as frequency, band width, VSWR, time delay, phase track/match, distortion, voltage, inductance, and capacitance.
- Compares and analyzes test results with specifications and records test data or plots test results on graph.
- Records defects and returns unit to assembly department for repair.
- Devises test equipment setup to evaluate performance and operation of nonstandard or customer returned units.
- Confers with engineers, technicians, production personnel, and others regarding testing procedures, test results, and problem resolutions.
- Assists in the training of other technicians.
- Periodically assists in other production areas at the discretion of the Production Manager or Test Manager.
- Manufacturing techniques, operating techniques, inspection techniques, quality control plans, forms, work documentation and equipment necessary to perform job, general visual acuity and attention to detail.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent AND,
- Two to three years related experience OR,
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- LANGUAGE – Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- MATHEMATICAL – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- REASONING ABILITY – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few fixed variables in standardized situations.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
All required fields are marked with an *