Electronics Technician (Salisbury)
Salary: $16.00 - $19.00 /Hour
- Tune preamps, microwave filters, sub-assemblies, and parts.
- Conducts electronic and mechanical tests on preamps, microwave filters, sub-assemblies and parts to ensure unit functions according to specifications, or determine cause of unit failure.
- Interprets test schedule, work orders, test manuals, performance specifications, wiring diagrams, and schematics to determine appropriate testing procedure and required equipment.
- Tests performance of preamps, microwave filters of all circuit typologies, sub-assemblies, and parts for various environmental conditions.
- Connects and tunes units using test equipment including VOM, power supply, signal generator, frequency meter, network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, and environmental chamber.
- Interprets displays indicating frequency, bank width, VSWR, time delay, phase track/match, distortion, voltage, inductance and capacitance.
- Compares and analyzes test results with specifications and records test data or plots test results on graphs.
- Records defects and returns unit to assembly division for repair.
- Devises test equipment setup to evaluate performance and operation of nonstandard or customer returned units.
- Confers with engineers, technicians, production personnel, and/or others regarding procedures, results and resolution of problems.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions and short correspondence
- Ability to perform basic math functions in metric and U.S. units using fractions and decimals.
- Ability to draw, read and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to understand and execute written or oral instructions.
- Physically the employee must be able to lift up to 25 pounds, walk, climb or balance, sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel, talk and hear. Vision includes close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be able to be made to enable individuals with disability to perform essential functions.
- Job Type: Manufacturing
- Education: High School
- Experience: 2 to 3 years
- Industry: Industrial
- Required Travel: None
All required fields are marked with an *