1st Shift: 8 am – 4 pm, Monday – Friday
The machinist will setup and operate all types of machine tools, such as but not limited to lathes, milling machines, CNC, grinders, saws and lappers to be used to machine metal, plastic or other pieces to specifications, tooling instructions or standard charts by applying knowledge of machining methods.
- Creates and modifies product fixtures and tools using machine equipment and techniques acquired by experience.
- Set up and operate CNC Vertical Machining Centers (VMC).
- Edit CNC programs as needed.
- Machines and modifies prototype parts and fixtures and engineering tooling’s as directed.
- Perform basic maintenance on CNC, VMC, HMC, Turning Center and manual machines.
- Studies drawings and specifications to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished piece, sequence of operations, and set up requirements.
- Measures finished parts to verify dimensions and tolerances.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent AND
- Two (2) years of additional technical training in machine shop or trade school apprentice program. OR
- Five (5) plus years of CNC set up and machining.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Knowledge of safety standards for equipment being operated.
- Ability to work with close tolerances.
- Ability to read and interpret prints.
- Knowledge of G and M code CNC programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
All required fields are marked with an *