Maintenance Supervisor (Cambridge)
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for production equipment, services and facility equipment, infrastructure, and project management. The role manages all maintenance and safety policies. This includes the creation and execution of preventative, predictive and continuous improvement programs, and equipment monitoring and repairs. The Maintenance Supervisor will oversee the maintenance department personnel by training, directing, coordinating and evaluating maintenance resources and functions including safety, training, housekeeping (5S), employee development and equipment corrective and preventive maintenance.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the preventative and predictive repair programs driven from manufacturer’s specifications Establish pre-set inspection, service check-lists, works orders and repair schedules.
- Ensures that repairs are carried out in a cost efficient and timely manner, maximizing production capabilities and meeting all health and safety requirements.
- Ensure the Technical Manager maintains accurate, up to date service records and technical logs for each major piece of equipment.
- Create and maintain contracts for all equipment and machine repairs not performed in house.
- Participates as an active and contributing member of the Health and Safety Committee.
- Provides floor level support to detect, evaluate, or resolve any malfunction or issue with production equipment as needed.
- Proactively improves technical processes and standards as appropriate.
- Oversee the development and implement technical training programs by the Technical Manager
- Lead and ensure overall safety of the plant
- Manages and oversees the Maintenance Lead(s) for Production, Building and Utilities
- Oversee the compliance to the PSM program and integrity of the ammonia system.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the electrical systems and resources (internal and external) to support production and infrastructure equipment.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Lead technical skill development of maintenance resources as it applies to support production and utility equipment. Insure skills keep pace with addition of new lines, equipment, or technology that is implemented.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills, Experience and Education:
- Strong knowledge of electronics, controls, hydraulics, mechanical and electrical components found in food manufacturing machinery as well as proper safety standards for food production equipment.
- Strong PLC programming
- Knowledge of PIMS (Parts Inventory Management System)
- Demonstrated hands on experience with installation, technical and repairs of manufacturing and packaging equipment.
- Demonstrated problem solving, leadership, and analytical skills.
- Experience in creating, executing, and monitoring manufacturing technical standards and procedures.
- Previous experience with instilling and executing plant safety programs.
- Experience using Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook and Internet)
- Demonstrated competency in the following:
- Time Management
High School or equivalent
Associate Degree Preferred
Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Three-Five years in a Maintenance Supervisory role within Food Manufacturing Industry.
- Aseptic production experience a plus.
- Supervisor: 3 years (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
- Parts Inventory management System: 2 years (Preferred)
- GMP/HAACP, Food Safety: 3 years (Preferred)
All required fields are marked with an *