Parts Manager (Cambridge)
This position is responsible for managing the parts operations to provide the highest level of external and internal customer satisfaction while maximizing return on investment through parts sales, inventory control, and expense control.
- Maintain regular contact with customers to build loyalty and ensure long-term revenue
- Create & manage a high functioning team of parts sales representatives
- Optimizes parts department processes
- Set prices and discount levels and plan promotions to increase sales
- Maintain an accurate records of parts replaced under warranty and details of faulty parts
- Inventory Management
- Superior Relationship Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Strategic Thinking
Travel is expected, up to 10%.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration preferred, not required.
5-7 years Related experience with progressive management experience.
All required fields are marked with an *