The Payroll Specialist will process and manage payroll, time accruals, and some related benefits, as well as, assist with compliance issues and ACA reporting.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of H.S. Diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 5 years prior experience in payroll processing required
- Requires knowledge of principles and procedures for payroll, compensation and benefits
- Must be proficient in Windows, Microsoft Office (Intermediate Excel, Basic Word)
- Previous experience with ADP Software required.
Conditions of Employment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required, including the ability to interact and communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to show initiative.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process and issue paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions
- Compute wages and deductions, and enter data to process payroll
- Review time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies
- Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases
- Keep informed about changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to the payroll process
- Provide guidance on payroll matters, tax issues, and benefit plans
- Ensure compliance with prevailing wage laws
- Provide guidance in certified payroll reporting
All required fields are marked with an *