SUMMARY AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for the pre-plating processes and post-plating processes for electronic packages produced and/or sold. Associates in the PLATER position must be able to consistently and efficiently perform several of the duties of the position within specification and within quality and productivity guidelines of each product and/or process.
- Must be able to perform several of the following; prepping of parts, barrel plate, clean for ship salvage, rack plate-gold room and/or CuSn line cleaning of built parts and rack maintenance.
- Keeping tanks cleaned and filled as needed
- Complete and maintain required documentation such as time cards, travelers, TMI’s, plating process cards, wiring tickets and engineering and quality sheets.
- Handle chemicals in a safe manner, be able to identify chemicals by color codes, symbols and know the purposes of each, utilize and understand the Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and able to identify and understand HMIS labels for health hazards, flammability hazards, reactivity hazards and other of all chemicals.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Notify Department Lead or Operations Manager of problems or abnormalities that may occur.
- Associates in the position will occasionally assist in the startup and shut down operations of the plating tanks, changing filters of the tanks and filling and emptying of the rinse tanks.
- Associates will occasionally wire and unwire parts on racks and on staking and/or brazing pole cans.
- Associates will occasionally assist in the training of new associates.
- Associates will occasionally be asked to work in other departments throughout the facility.
- Associates will occasionally be asked to perform housekeeping duties such as painting, mopping. Etc.
- High School Diploma, General Education Degree (GED) or Manager’s discretion
- Consistent efficient performance and good attendance in the plating area
- Ability to understand and comprehend verbal and written English instructions.
- Associates must be available for any shift or work schedule hours. Appropriate notice will be given and as much flexibility as possible will be made when business needs dictate a change in shift for an associate. The company will attempt to accommodate shift request, but no guarantees of any shift at any given time will be made.
The associate must frequently lift up to 30 pounds to shoulder high and/or move up to 30 pounds. The associates must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
All required fields are marked with an *