Plating Process Engineer (Cambridge)
Summary and Purpose of Position:
To maintain and improve existing processes for the plating of hermetic packages and to develop new processes in order to improve yields, throughput, and efficiency.
Essential Function and Responsibilities:
The following duties are expected to be performed. Additional duties will be added based on needs:
- Designs procedures based on customer specifications to meet plating requirements including functionality and environmental testing.
- Set up furnace profiles to meet heat treating requirements
- Set up shop conditions for adequate plating including chemistry in the plating tanks, waste treatment, electrical settings of rectifiers, heaters, etc.
- Communicate accurately with Design and Product group in order to effectively set up routers
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if designs meet functional and performance specifications
- Utilizes statistical process control to determine capability of processes and for continuous improvement
- Analyzes, reads and interprets blue prints, technical journals, customer specifications, etc.
Other Duties, Responsibilities:
The associate must be available for any shift or work schedule hours. Engineer is responsible for the proper set up conditions on primary equipment such as furnace temperature control, atmosphere, etc.
Data collection and reporting to management, peers, and customers is expected.
This position may require supervisory responsibilities as needed.
Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience is required. Understanding of electro finishing and electro less plating is vital. Extensive knowledge of basic chemical reactions annealing processes is necessary.
All required fields are marked with an *