Plating Process Engineer
This is a featured job, so apply quickly:
Dorchester County, MD
Immediate opening for a Plating Process Engineer with an Electrical Engineering Manufacturing company.
This full-time position comes with a competitive salary and generous benefits package!
Major functions include:
- Designing procedures based on customer specifications to meet plating requirements-including functionality and environmental testing
- Setting up furnace profiles to meet heat treating requirements
- Setting up shop conditions for adequate plating including chemistry in the plating tanks, waste treatment, electrical settings of rectifiers, heaters, etc.
- Communicating accurately with the Design and Product groups in order to effectively set up routers
- Analyzing test data and reports to determine if designs meet functional and performance specifications
- Utilizing statistical process controls to determine the capabilities of processes
- Analyzing reads and interpreting blueprints, technical journals, customer specifications, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience-Required
- Must have an understanding of electro finishing and electro less plating-Required
- Extensive knowledge of basic chemical reactions annealing processes
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Takes initiative and is adaptable to change
- Professional, always acting with integrity
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from various groups
- Works well on a team
- Ability to formulate reports and author business correspondences and procedures
- Ability to apply basic mathematical methods and problem-solving methods
- Observes safety and security procedures while reporting potentially unsafe conditions
- Uses equipment and materials properly
All required fields are marked with an *