The purpose of this position is to maintain, improve and create processes and designs used in the manufacturing of hermetic glass, metal, and ceramic packages.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs procedures based on customer specifications to meet mechanical, electrical, and optical requirements
- Set up of furnace profiles to meet process requirements
- Communicate accurately with Design and Product group in order to effectively set up routers
- Design and analyze experiments and reports to determine if designs meet functional and performance specifications
- Utilize statistical process control and D.O.E. to determine the capability of processes and for continuous improvement
- Creates, analyzes, reads and interprets mechanical drawings, technical journals, customer specification, etc. (AutoCAD Inventor environment)
- Designs production tooling through the use of CAM software
- Additional duties will be added based on demand
OTHER DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The associate must be available for any shift or work schedule hours.
- The engineer is responsible for the proper setup conditions on primary equipment such as furnace temperature control, atmosphere, etc.
- Data collection and reporting to management, peers, and customers are expected.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Material Science or equivalent experience is required. Understanding of mechanical and thermal dynamic behavior of dissimilar materials at elevated temperatures is vital.
- Must have adequate computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.), and the ability to learn other internal software applications.
- Must be able to use hand measuring tools such as micrometers and calipers as well as optical tools such as profile projector, digital vision system, and microscope.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision and capable of self-checking for completeness and accuracy of work produced
- Basic knowledge of 2D (AutoCAD) &/or 3D modeling (Inventor, Solidworks, etc.) is required
- Prior CAM software use/programming is desired
All required fields are marked with an *