Produce Assistant Manager
Job Description for Assistant Produce Manager. Assist in managing department employees, participating in the hiring process, conducting training, and supervising employee performance. Maintain sanitation and safety standards, report any food safety concerns.
- Duties & Responsibilities other duties may be assigned
- The Produce Assistant Manager coordinates the activities of employees in the Produce Department engaged in ordering, processing, and selling of products, as well as maintains department standards while under the supervision of the General Manager
- Assists with the ordering and receiving of products, and proper invoice routing
- Acts with 100% customer service to our patrons whether on or off the sales floor
- Trains and coaches employee procedures and tasks for the department, on an on-going basis
- Handles and resolves customer complaints.
- 1 year of managerial and produce experience, preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Posses the ability to handle high stress and volume of customers while maintaining a positive shopping experience for the customer
- Availability requirements include; but are not limited to; days, evenings, weekends, & holidays. Physical Demands While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: • Stand for long periods of time; walk; frequent use of hands
- Occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Frequently lift and /or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
All required fields are marked with an *