Production Supervisor (Salisbury)
Our well established client is located on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. This company offers wonderful benefits and compensation.
To ensure employee safety, product quality and asset performance while delivering on time the shift/line/area production plan. Leadership of people includes participating in the hiring process, employee on-boarding, performance management and corrective action. Proactive cooperation with other groups on site and within the Company to ensure that their area and people are fully aligned with the organization. Modeling the way for others by practicing what is preached to create and maintain a workplace culture that engages and motives associates at all levels. Focusing on results to deliver success as measured by key performance metrics.
- Ensure the competencies of his/her team with proper training, safely procedures, and hygiene. Enforce strict compliance to standard operating procedures (SOPs) by all personnel within the team.
- Ensure a safe work environment is maintained at all times. Development and maintenance of work instructions and procedures. Responsible for processes that are run in accordance with SOP’s, SSOP’s and other documentation.
- Ensure quality objectives are met including regular adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), performance of sanitation audits, food safety checks, and product quality checks conducted according to policies. Actively participate in prevention and correction of quality-related errors. Check and enforce personnel hygiene & safety e.g. protective clothing (uniform), shoe change & hand wash.
- Ongoing coaching of employees to fulfill and exceed the requirements of the job. Daily review of achievement of targets and report variances during on-the-floor and review meetings. Ensure the development and implementation of action plans to address root causes of failures and support continuous improvement initiatives. Facilitate seamless handoffs and communicate key information to peers, team members and Production Management
- Ensure continuous line Controls and immediate corrective action to assure prescribed quality and to ensure compliance with manufacturing instructions, internal and external regulations, procedures & policies.
- Ensure ongoing smooth operations of factory through effective employee and industrial relations management.
- Ensure that there is an adequate distribution of skills to enable production plan to be achieved effectively.
- Ensure adequate maintenance of the installations in coordination with quality, engineering & administration
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Bachelor’s degree (Engineering, Business Management, Food Science, or Organizational Leadership/ Supervision) preferred.
- Work extended days and/or weekends with flexibility to switch shifts as required
- 2 or more years in production floor supervisory experience required.
- Experience in food processing, packaging, Quality, and knowledge of GMP’s.
- Must be able to move freely around shop environment in extreme temperatures for prolonged periods of time and safely lift up to 50# .
- Ability to maintain a safe working environment through proper housekeeping and safety practices.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and listening). Ability to adjust communication style to multiple audiences, facilitate group coaching, and information sharing. Ability to positively confront and effectively deal with non-compliance.
- Excellent people skills – maintain a positive attitude and ability to motivate people, specifically mentoring and coaching individuals in identifying short- and long-term development needs and providing appropriate support.
- Confidence in own capacity and judgment. Must be willing to face challenging situations. Developed ability to build personal relationships based on trust, mutual respect and open communication.
- Adaptable – ability to adjust approach to match varied task requirements, adjust behavior to others’ styles, change priorities to meet changing demands, adjust quickly to new responsibilities and tasks.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at one time through highly developed organizational skills.
- Ability to set effective and challenging objectives.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting through root cause problem solving.
- High energy level and excellent follow-up
- Intermediate level computer skills in Microsoft Office.
All required fields are marked with an *