Quality Assurance Manager (Seaford)
Salary: $60 - $75K
Location: Ridgely, MD
Full-time: Direct Hire
This position will be responsible for working as part of a cross-functional team at the plant to achieve the implementation of food safety, legality and quality policies and procedures within the scope of the job responsibilities such as but not limited to: GMPs, HACCP, food safety, product quality, food security, governmental guidelines and requirements, pre-requisite programs, quality systems, warehouse, etc. Manage all plant Quality Assurance functions to oversee, record, report and initiate actions as required to meet Company specifications. QAM will take immediate action to correct any factors that negatively affect product quality, plant sanitation, or housekeeping.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors and contributes to company specifications and finished product yields.
- Perform any special assignments such as product specifications for purchased items, sample requests, etc. as directed by Quality Manager.
- Supervises and is responsible for all activities of Inspectors, Graders and Technicians including examination of raw ingredients, process controls, laboratory controls, plant sanitation, housekeeping and product samples, etc.
- Supervises training of new personnel in department.
- Arranges for and works with USDA Inspectors on product certification and coordinates with the Quality Manager to correct problems, if any.
- Keeps abreast of all co-pack specifications, yield factors and assists operational controls where and when needed.
- Inspects plant sanitation and housekeeping conditions; recommends corrective actions to plant management and reports failures against established Company procedures.
- Recommends acceptance or rejection of raw products and ingredients.
- Notifies management of unsatisfactory line operation and may order line to be shut down if necessary until situation can be corrected.
- Responsible to place questionable product on hold status. Review product information and refers questionable items to Quality Management for disposition.
- Investigates customer complaints when directed.
- Assist representatives of the Corporate Research and Development and Quality Assurance Departments with special projects as directed by Quality Manager.
- Develops and maintains necessary reports and records as required.
- Keeps abreast of new developments relative to Quality, Food Safety and related fields.
- Develop and manage Company Quality programs to achieve and maintain BRC Certification in the areas of HACCP, Document Control, Corrective and Preventative Actions, Vendor certification, Internal auditing, Traceability, Sensory programs, Pest control and statistical process control.
- Ability to write SOPs and facilitate the writing of SOPs for other groups within the facility.
- Work with Manufacturing, Maintenance, Warehousing and R&D to oversee the implementation and compliance with Quality Systems.
- Prepare for all compliance audits within the facility.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Quality Manager.
- Four-year degree in Food Science or related degree, (Required)
- 3+ years Quality Assurance Management experience, (Required)
- Preventative Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) certified (Preferred)
- Better Process School, Six Sigma/Green Belt certified, (Preferred)
- Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI)/ (BRC) Global Standard for Food Safety experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Knowledge of microbiological testing and evaluation skills/technology: 1 year (Required)
- Food Quality Assurance Management: 1 year (Required)
All required fields are marked with an *