- Provides support to the receiving team which includes the receipt, coordination, and safety of goods coming into the warehouse.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Schedule and coordinate deliveries
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the receiving clerks
- Occasionally will need to assist with the removal of product from trucks by use of forklift, electric pallet jack or by hand
- Occasionally will need to assist with the stacking of product in a safe and orderly manner
- Check the accuracy of the product received, comparing the Bill of Lading to the Purchase Order.
- Notify supervisor of any shortage, damage of product or poor quality product
- Complete P.O. / Receiving paperwork after product has been documented by receiving clerks
- Check all products for quality and document all issues as necessary
- Print labels for material that has been received
- Move product to bin in warehouse via ERP system as needed
- Adhere to all safety rules
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities (List all required):
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers
- Proficient computer skills, use excel to create reports, formulas, and tables
- Check reports, forms, records and comparable data, where interpretation requires basic skills knowledge
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions
- High School or equivalent
- High School plus specialized training (min 6mos-2yrs)
- Associate Degree Required
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Master’s Degree Required
- Certification/Licensure Required for Job: Must be able to gain forklift license within a three-month period
Minimum Experience Preferred:
- High School Diploma and previous receiving experience required.
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment preferred but not required.
While most of the duties of this job can be completed at a desk, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and use a forklift. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle documents or reach with hands and arms, talk or listen, and occasionally use foot pedals on a fork lift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All required fields are marked with an *