This is a featured job, so apply quickly:
Quality Staffing Services is seeking highly-skilled, qualified professionals for a Sensory Evaluator position in Somerset County, Maryland.
This position offers excellent growth and development and as more experience is gained, the sensory evaluator may be called upon to identify causes of problems, propose solutions, compare results with specifications, and recommend corrective actions or alternative dispositions for material that is out of compliance.
This position is Monday-Friday, 8 am-4:30 pm with a ½ hour lunch.
There may be some overtime as needed.
- Plan, prepare, input and report sensory data used to release finished products
- Organoleptic testing of raw materials and finished products
- Assist quality techs on the floor
- Serve as a backup or QA Manager to assist with various computer functions (such as update procedures, forms, specifications, etc.)
- Sensory evaluation of raw materials and finished product
- Enter sensory data into the compliance software system
- Communicate test results especially regarding failing or borderline materials to Quality Manager
- Coordinate product to the lab for bacteriological sampling as applicable
- Retain/send samples to various departments as requested
- High school diploma or G.E.D
- Minimum of 1-2 years of related experience (manufacturing experience is acceptable)
- 1-year Sensory experience preferred
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
- PC software and data entry experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proficient computer skills- Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability to use scales, thermometers, etc.
- Must be organized, observant and detail-oriented
- Ability to work with a team as well as independently
- Work overtime as needed
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to lift 10-50 pounds and walk, sit and stand for extended periods
Starting pay is at $13/hour (Salary is commensurate with experience)
All required fields are marked with an *