Utility Maintenance Mechanic (Salisbury)
Full Time Position, Monday – Saturday 6 am – 6 pm
The purpose of the Utility Maintenance Mechanic is to provide preventative maintenance and trouble shooting repairs for all equipment, machinery in an efficient, safe and effective manner. Experience with welding, pipefitting and electrical troubleshooting is preferred.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions and engineering specifications, troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operations; listening for problems, using precision measuring and testing devices.
- Repair and remove defective parts by using hoists, cranes and hand and per tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- The ability to troubleshoot/repair all mechanical/operational issues with equipment/machinery as well as facility maintenance.
- Responsible for both written and computer generated reports using computer software (ie Excel, Word, Access).
- Minimizes production downtime through effective preventative maintenance and swift, effective troubleshooting and repair of all equipment and machinery within the facility.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment: Welders, breaks, mills, lathes and grinders.
- Ability to read schematics and mechanical drawings required.
- Technical capacity and learning orientation
- Communication proficiency
- Teamwork orientation and ethical conduct
- Welding (Tig, Mig, and Stick)
- Basic electrical
- Lockout / tagout trained
- Experience with schematics and mechanical drawings required
- Safe practices training and/or experience required
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work early hours, overtime, weekends and split shifts as needed
- Ability to make sound and accurate, yet quick decisions
- Flexible, adaptable and open to change
Education and Experience:
- High School Degree or GED
- Five or more years experience with preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of production and manufacturing equipment required.
- Experience with preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of packing equipment is preferred
- Prior maintenance experience in the food or meat industry preferred but not required.
All required fields are marked with an *