Performs welding and fabrication of architectural and industrial products. Performs TIG, Plasma, resistance, and MIG welding and fabrication of light gauge stainless steel sheet, mesh products, and on light structural framing and components. Applies various mechanical finishes to fabricated items.
- Fabricates and welds architectural and industrial stainless steel products.
- Operates TIG, Plasma, resistance, and MIG welders.
- Operates shears, punches, bending equipment, and other sheet metal and light structural fabrication equipment. Operates drills, band saws, hand powered shears, sanders, grinders, and various hand tools.
- Applies high quality exterior finishes to selected fabricated items using various machine assisted and manual finishing methods.
- Fabricates products in accordance with engineering drawings and work instructions.
- Completes job process documentation.
- Maintains all tools and work areas in a clean, well maintained, organized condition.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Provides on-site installation support at customer locations for the installation of architectural products.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the fabrication and welding of light gauge stainless steel sheet metal and light structural fabrications. Experience in TIG, Plasma, and MIG welding of stainless steels. AWS certification in one or more of the above processes desired.
- Experience in and ability to competently use all hand and powered tools common to sheet metal and light structural framing fabrication. Experience with/ability to use common measuring and inspection equipment (calipers, micrometers, scales, etc.).
- Experience in applying manual high quality finishes to fabricated items including, but not limited to sanders, buffers, grinders, and other finishing equipment.
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications and parts lists, and independently fabricate items to all drawing requirements.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications, and organization skills and ability to work well with a wide range of personnel maintaining a positive team environment.
- In any areas where skills are deficient, must be willing to take classes/training to develop/improve skills to meet minimum job requirements.
- Occasional travel to customer sites for installation support
- Willingness and ability to abide by Company work, safety, attendance, and all other rules.
- Well organized and self-motivated to handle multiple projects and a wide variety of duties with minimum supervision.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and able to obtain a pass port.
- In all actions, demonstration of a commitment to efficiently perform quality work, while maintaining a positive, team work relationship with coworkers through open, honest communications and professional conduct.
- Good physical health to be able to consistently work on the production floor performing work in the above assigned areas.
- Ability to see with at least 20/40 corrected vision in the best eye.
- Ability to hear conversations at normal volume
- Ability to lift 50 pounds to shoulder height.
All required fields are marked with an *